1.Why should a Xth standard and XIIth standard student join hospitality management?
The hospitality industry includes hotel & restaurants, travel agents & tour operators, cruise liners, in-flight catering, rail catering and, amusement parks etc. In all the segments of the service industry, the common denominator is implied in the term service. Service is an attitude. In the hospitality service industry, particularly those who join the hotels or restaurants have no other choice, but to develop this attitude of service.
2. Why the hotel Industry is unique in very many aspects and referred to as the ‘Father of the Service Industry’
- It is the only industry serving the basic needs of Man- Food & Shelter.
- The ‘People’s Industry’- People are the clients, referred to as Guests, People wait on them – ‘For the People by The People!’
- The only industry and segment of the service industry where books of accounts are closed for the day at the stroke of midnight. A new folio opened for the next day.
- Doors are open 24 hours a day 365 days a year. ‘The show must go on’ is practiced here.
- ‘Father of the Service Industry’ as only in a hotel is the processing of raw materials to finished goods to sale and consumption with feedback happens under one roof. Unlike in banking, aviation etc.
- A stint in the hotel industry is the finest foundation for a career in Customer Care in any industry.
- Besides, personality development keeps happening eveyr moment on the floor.
- No other industry will have so many internal customers. ( For more details log on to http://