Mr N Rafique
An accomplished academician and hands-on Principal/educator. Graduated from IHM Pusa 1971
Awarded Scholarship by the Government of Austria for Teacher Training Program at the Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management Salzburg Austria
Founder Principal Institute of Hotel Management Ahmedabad and served the Institute up to December 1998.During his tenure as Principal IHMA served as a member of the Board of Governors at the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology. Served as Convenor of the curriculum committee of the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Offered ILO fellowship for study tour of the leading Hotel Schools of the world including among others the Cornell School of Hotel Administration, School of Hotel Management University of Nevada Las Vegas, California Polytechnic and Culinary Institute of America. Japan Culinary Institute Tokyo,France Culinary Institute Paris. LaRochhe and Ecole Hotelier Switzerland and Institutes of Hotel Management in Indonesia and Malaysia.
Established Baisan Institute of Hotel Management at Bahrain 1999 and established several subsidiaries in the GCC region. Served as Executive Director up to 2005
Served as CEO of the N.M. Balwa High School Pirozpura/Chapi North Gujarat from 2006 up to 2012 and served as Advisor for the Le Meridien Hotel Ahmedabad and Consultant to their Airport Food Service Operations
Member of the Board of Studies Hotel Management Program at the Dhramsinh Desai University Nadiad since 2013
Serving as Independent Director on the Board of several companies
Currently working as Advisor at the State Institute of Hotel Management Sidhpuur, Gujarat.The Institute is approved by AICTE and affiliated to the Gujarat Technology University of Gujarat.The Institute is sponsored by the Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited.
Mr HN Shrinivas
Worked with THE TAJ GROUP OF HOTELS for 25+ years growing up to Sr. Vice President – Total Quality and Business Excellence (Corporate Quality Head) and Sr. Vice President – Human Resources.
People practice function at Taj successfully built a customer centric work culture through innovative employee engagement practices. This was acknowledged by Gallup Inc.US, by listing Taj among the top 15 companies in the world; was the recipient of Global Great Workplace Award for 4 consecutive years. This journey of building benchmark HR practices at Taj has become a Harvard case study. Taj hotels were also recognised with Tata Business Excellence Award (based on Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award) for achievement of highest standards of service quality, employee engagement and customer excellence.
Lead the relief and rehabilitation operation for terror victim families in the city of Mumbai post 26/11 terror attack.
Worked with Hewlett-Packard – Global Delivery India Centre as Director – Human Resources for 3 years managing end to end HR for a workforce of about 10,000 employees mostly software engineers.
Worked as Advisor Tata Sons on a major Skill Development project that was conceptualised by the then Chairman, to support and facilitate vocational skills initiative in India and achieve a target of 1 million under privileged youth trained vocationally for gainful employment.
Currently working with Tata Trusts and Tata Institute of Social Sciences on major projects of Skill Development and helping youth from weaker sections of the society to get trained for livelihoods and jobs.
- MSW (PM&IR), Bangalore, LLM (Master’s in Industrial Law)
- Advanced Management Programme – Cornell University, U.S.A.
- Advanced Management program, Cambridge University, UK.
- Recipient of “Seasoned HR Professional of the Country” award from National HRD Network
- NIPM’s Lifetime Achievement for HR Professional
Mr Anil Bhandari
Anil Bhandari is Chairman AB Smart Concepts having 48 years’ experience in Managing and operating Hotels, Travel Companies and Turning around hotel companies.
AB Smart Concepts is a company with considerable experience in the management of Hotels and the Travel and Tourism business.
The company functions as an Advisor to Owners and Investors and assists in concept to commissioning of hotels, transforming existing hotels and development of Travel & Tourism projects and turning around non-performing companies
- Chairman and Managing Director India Tourism Development Corporation
- Advisor ITC Ltd Hotels, Travel, Tourism and Real Estate
- Managing Director JHM Interstate Hotels
- Managing Director Travel House
- Manging Director Hotel Corporation of India
Author of three books
- Tourism an Economic Industry
- Top Chefs Top Recipes
- Art Of Plating
Director of various prestigious Companies
Winner of Many Awards
Member of the Managing Committee of PHDCCI
Chef Satish Arora
Director Food Production – Ex Taj SATS Air Catering Limited
Director: Dsi Foods U.K
- 1966 – Catering Diploma from Institute of Hotel Management – New Delhi.
- 1967 – One year specialization course in Kitchen Planning & Production from Institute of Hotel Management School -New Delhi.
- September 1967 – Joined Taj Kitchen as Trainee
- July 1968 Sent to Germany for one year practical training at Frankfurt and Dusseldorf
- July 1969Returned from Germany and appointed as Sous Chef.
- 1972 Appointed as Executive Chef of Taj, Bombay and was the youngest Chef in the world to take over a 5-Star Hotel Kitchen. I took over from a Chef who had put in 50 years of service.
- 1973 Went to Europe to promote Goan food as Taj was opening a hotel in Goa.
- 1975 Sent to the Far East to promote Indian Cuisine.
- 1976 Went to USA for a Special course in Cold Food decoration.
- 1978 Took a team of Chefs to China to learn Chinese Cuisine and to teach Indian Cuisine.
- 1979 Sent to Europe to promote Indian Cuisine.
- 1980 Went to Pakistan to learn Peshwari Food.
- 1983 Was in charge of the Commonwealth Heads of Government meals in Goa. Mrs. Margaret Thatcher signed my cap and Mrs. Indira Gandhi patted my back in appreciation.
- 1985 Appointed Chef Culinary of the Taj Group – Western & Southern Regions.
- 1987 Won a Gold Medal in the Culinary Olympics held in Japan.
- 1988 Sent to Japan again to take part in the Festival of India.
- 1988 Went to Switzerland to promote Indian Cuisine.
- 1990 Went to London to prepare meals for Queen Elizabeth and the entire Royalty for the President of India’s banquet for them.
- 1990 Appointed Director Food Production
- 1991 Went to London to prepare meals for Prince Charles banquet to Indian Industrialist.
- 1991 Declared as one of the 20 best Chefs in the world by a German Food Magazine.
- 1992 Presented an Award by Cathay Pacific Airways for excellent presentation of Indian Cuisine on Asian Sector. Food for body and soul
- 1993 Went to South Africa for Food promotion.
- 1994 Won an Award given by Ms. Thangam Philip for Contribution to culinary field.
- 1994 I was Awarded for outstanding ” Chine Des Rotisseurs” Dinner in Colombo
- 1998 In-charge of SAARC heads of Governments Catering in Colombia.
- 1999 Appointed as one of the 8 members on Singapore Airlines Culinary Panel till 2008
- 2002 Awarded a silver plaque by culinary forum in India for out standing services to culinary field.
- 2007 Awarded- International Life time achievement award from Curry Club of England
- 2008: Culinary advisor for introducing specially designed Indian meals on Malaysian Airlines.
- 2009 South Indian Culinary Association Award for contribution to the Indian Culinary Industry.
- 2012: Culinary advisor for Indian Cuisine for ANA (All Nippon Airline) Japan
- 2013 Life time achievement award from World Culinary Forum, Indian Culinary Forum
- 2015: Culinary director Mahec ( Fine dining Indian restaurant Dubai )
- 2015: Golden Star Awards U.S.A: Life time achievement award
- 2015: All India purchase managers forum award: Living Legend award.
- 2016: Indian Hospitality Industry Award: Life time achievement award
- 2016: Chairman of Jury for Government of India. National Skill Development Corporation.
- 2016:Mahec Dubai won the best new restaurant concept Dubai.
- 2017: Food Food Channel India life time achievement award
- 2017: Hospitality Leaders Industry Choice Award: Silent Thunder of the year award.
Given Below the List of Dignitaries Catered for
- Bill Clinton
- Her majesty – Queen Elizabeth of England
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Prince Charles
- Lady Diana
- Prime Minister – Margaret Thatcher
- Prime Minister – John Major of U.K
- Prince Karim Aga Khan
- Queen Beatrix of Netherlands.
- President Mikhail Gorbachov of Russia
- President F. Mitterand of France
- Prime Minister Indira Gandhi
- Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi
- All Presidents of India
- His Highness Shaikh Bin Sulman Al Khaifa Amir of Bahrain
- Prime Minister -Bob Hawke of Australia
- Zubin Mehta -World known Orchestra Conductor
- Mohammed Ali (Boxer)
- Gina Lollabrigeda (Actress)
- Rex Harrison (Actor)
- President – Kenith Kaunda of Zambia
- President -Robert Mougaba
- President – Jayawardhene of Srilanka
- Sir Shiv Sagar Ramgullam of Mauritius
- Ramphal -Secretary commonwealth
- Major Yuri Gagarin(1st Man to go to space)
- King Hussain of Jordan
- Neil Armstrong (American Astronaut)
- President Veerasamy Ringadoo of Mauritius
- Naka Sone – Prime Minister of Japan
- Prince Claus of Netherlands
- Edward Heath – Ex Prime Minister of England
- Indian Film Stars
- Indian / International Cricket Team
In 1987 – won Escoffier’s Gold Meal in Culinary Olympic Japan organized by Okura Hotel Teams participating from U.S.A Paris, Singapore, Rome, Italy and India
Medal from Swiss Press Club
mumbaimessenger.com › City
www.citynews.news › Travel & Tourism
www.flyertalk.com › … › > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer